Monday 1 July 2013

Lets Get Lippy!




Lips are a focal part of the face so its natural to want yours looking great all the time!
Hence the importance of a perfect lip balm can not be under estimated ...  So  as a service to the world of soft lips I've compiled a list of my six all time favourites.


Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for lips
Not the prettiest but oh so effective!
Now I know the name of this one is a bit of a mouthful and lets face it a bit bizarre but trust me when I say this lip balm has changed my life! Its unlike anything I've used before, 100% natural hypoallergenic, this tasteless and odourless balm works wonders. I've found that putting a layer on before bed leaves my lips moisturised and ready for the next day, sometimes I actually wake up with it still on my lips! This formula is very thick and doesn't look very pretty,  but leaves a nice glossy finish. Although it claims to be tasteless I sometimes get this weird taste which I can't describe other then calling it earthy maybe even grassy (this could just be me) But aside from this I really can't fault this product it really is the one for problem lips.

Peak - Made without Parabens, Sulfates and Phthalates in other words all the nasties

Pit - The price and the size (although it does last forever)

Perfect for - Super dry Chapped Lips

Value for money - At £11.99 for a 0.507 oz it can seem a little steep but I would definitely repurchase this as I don't think I could do without



Burts bee's Lip shimmer in fig -
This lip balm adds a hint of glamour and shine to your lips aswell as ample nourishing nourishment as its formula contains sunflower oil, tonnes of vitamin E and natural beeswax (sounds gross but does wonders) along with other natural ingredients. I'm pretty certain it contains some kind of menthol because it leaves a tingly cool sensation on your lips which I really like. However I think this particular formula is more about the colour then the nourishment of your lips, its softens but doesn''t eradicate dry skin. Having said this its beautiful for more warmer months and the packaging is so handy!

Peak - level of pigmentation and the cooling sensation it leaves.

Pit - not super effective on chapped lips

Value for Money ... Averaging around £4 this product is decently priced but I wish it would last a little longer then it does.

Perfect for ... Adding a touch of nourishing shimmer


Korres Lip butter in Plum
The Korres Lip butters are formulated with Shea butter and Rice wax which provide a lasting and deep hydration to the lips aswell as a lovely matt tint. Shea butter originates from Africa were it was used by locals as a protection from the harsh climates and this is exactly what this lip butter does, it works well in summer winter and everything in between!  This Lip butter helps even the most chapped lips and actually feels buttery on the lips! The only negative about the Korres range is the packaging, I find that the tub is too small and you tend to get product all over the place. Its also not shatterproof so if your a bit of a cluts like me and forever dropping things then its best to leave this one at home!

Peak - protects the skin against UV aggression and is excellent for moisture.

Pit - The packaging really isn't ideal.

Value for money ... at £8 this lip balm can seem a little steep but the sheer butter in this product is worth the price and it really does work. If your a student you can get an extra 10% off by buying from Oliver Bonas (link below)

Perfect for ... dry lips in need of some TLC and is perfect on for a natural finish


Favourites! ps. sorry there a little worn


Good ol' Vaseline
I'm sure you don't need me to go into too much detail over this one. Good old petroleum jelly has helped us all out of our driest moments. A perfect 'always keep in your bag' item. Come rain or shine its always good to have this one around.

Value for money ... £1.89 cheap and cheerful and gets the job done

Perfect for .... creates a soft workable base for lipstick



Sleek Pout Palette in Pink Cadillac
 Besides this beautiful summery shade this lip balm isn't sticky and stays on for absolutely ages. Once it stayed on for an entire night even through dinner! It smells lovely like a vanilla pod and is very easily buildable to create a glamorous look whilst keeping lips hydrated and smooth.

Peak - Contains SPF 15 and is long lasting

Pit - More of a summer product as it tends to stick to drier areas.

Perfect for ... Glamming up lipsticks.

Value for money ... £4.49  decent but I like it more for the colour then its effects as a balm.



Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain
This is a perfect get up and go kinda product offersing colour and moisture wrapped into a clever little package. The retractable chubby crayon much like Clinique chubby stick is so handy when your on the go. It leaves lips moisturised and with the same menthol feel as the burts bees formula which I adore.
Peak - The easy to use packaging

Pit - Not pigmented enough for my liking


Perfect for ... on the go

Value for money ...  £7.99 Works just as well as the Clinique Chubby Stick for half the price!





(I find that a white background helps to see the colour more clearly!)
Hope this helps you all in your quest to find the perfect lip balm, please comment below if there's any other fab lip products out there which I could explore :)






I'm wearing a little Nipple balm with Korres lip butter in Plum to achieve this glossy  finish








3 comments:

  1. Maariyah I love your blog I know you just started but dont stop!
    Especially love the "pit and peak" points you put at the end
    Lots of love xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the blog!! Was wondering what your fave product is from the five in the lippy post? Looking forward to the next post :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou so much for the support and feedback!

    My favourite lip product is the original nipple balm for lips I'm pretty much addicted to it at the moment. But the others are great especially for a natural summer look xxx

    ReplyDelete