Thursday 27 June 2013

Clinique Anti - Blemish Solutions Spot treatment gel. Review



I have been on the hunt for a fast working and effective anti spot gel for the longest time. I've tried a few drugstore makes in the past but none of them felt as if they were doing anything. Then recently I used the Origins Super Spot Remover Blemish Treatment gel which unfortunately did nothing for me besides burn my skin leaving behind a horrid dark blemish that I couldn't shift for weeks. The Origins formula really didn't work for me and I've heard a few other horror stories, hence I was a little sceptical and nervous about trying the Clinique formula especially as some Clinique products have been too harsh for my skin in the past. However the Sales assistant convinced me to buy the spot gel which came in at £13.50 which I thought was pretty reasonable especially as I bought it along with the infamous Clinique under eye mascara (review coming soon) and was therefore eligible for a free gift with all sorts of goodies. (I think Clinique is brilliant for freebies so its always worth popping over to there counter to see what's on offer.)

So on purchasing the Anti- Blemish gel I was super weary of the damaging effects of anti spot formula's but I needn't had worried. Apart from an initial sting the Gel has been so kind to my sensitive skin! (The sting means its working!!)

Now, as soon as I feel a spot surfacing I waste no time at all in applying the gel straight on to the effected area. I've found that you have to use the product straight away, if the spot gets comfortable then it'll take longer for it to shift so you got to be real quick! Once the gel is applied it creates a visible clear layer over the spot which looks like a bit of cling film on your skin, I've found that this is visible through makeup and doesn't look very attractive. So I would most definitely recommend applying the gel before bed after cleansing the face.



The packaging for the product is very easy to use and perfect to pop in your bag for weekends away. The nozzle means it applies easily to a cutip, and is no mess no fuss kinda product which is so handy in the midst of a verging pimple problem!

Peak - Works quickly and effectively to calm any menacing spots :)


Pit - Doesn't work as well on a mature spot :(

No comments:

Post a Comment