Thursday 12 September 2013

Long Time No Blog ...

First off I want to apologise for my lack of posts these past few months. Lets just say its been a crazy two months what with the end of Ramadan, Eid, Holidaying and lots of weddings! But I promise it shan't happen again :)

I thought I should give a little beauty update as over the past few months I've picked up some amazing new products that I'm really loving, and here's my ultimate top three ..
I call this my magic mist!

First and foremost welcome to my 'Simple' world! I have officially gone simple mad this summer. A Tesco near me has a whole counter dedicated to Simple products on a 3 for 2 offer lets just say I was in my element! I kinda felt that after using lots of luxury brands on my skin I needed to try something well ... simple. My skin is usually pretty well behaved so when I noticed that breakouts were becoming more and more frequent I knew I had to change things up a little and I haven't looked back since. I'll be posting a simple specific post over the next few days so I'll go into more detail about the products I've been loving then. But I will say the hydro mist is now a handbag must
.
Peak - The fact that its free from harsh chemicals.
Pit - I don't know if it'll be enough food for my skin when winter kicks back in. helloo dryness :(


My next favourite has been a product that's a bit like marmite you either love it or hate it. The much raved about Rimmel Apocalips Lip Laquer. I opted for the colour Galaxy (which looks really dark online but is a lovely pinky purple colour) and I absolutely love it! I wore it to a wedding recently and it wore well all night and compliments olive skin tones beautifully. However a few of my friends aren't impressed as it can feel a little heavy on the lips. If you don't mind that feeling then I would definitely recommend them as there highly pigmented and are so easy to apply even on the go. My only problem is that I don't like most of the colours they do so can't really experiment with different shades.

Peak - The pigmentation is incredible and the shimmer is perfect for all occasions.
Pit - Can feel a little sticky.


My last but by no means least favourite is Mac eye shadows! Oh em gee I've finally jumped on this much raved about bandwagon and it is a good place to be! I've never been much of an eye shadow kinda girl but recently I started experimenting with my Urban Decay Naked 2 palette and through a lot of trial and error (there were times I looked like I had been in a fight) I started to love the looks I was creating. Then by mere fate I stumbled upon my cousins Mac eye shadows and realised that they are amazing! 

Front to back - All That Glitters, Mulch and Woodwinked

The Naked2 Palette  is great but the pigmentations and ease of the mac eye shadows is unbeatable. So I went out and bought the colours 'Mulch' 'Wood Winked' and 'All that Glitters' there all in the bronzy brown category which are very similar to the colours I already had but I instantly fell in love with these shades as I knew I'd use them the most. I'm still not convinced about having bold bright colours on your lids as I've always preferred the more natural shimmery glowy look myself (However this could be subject to change, I'm going through a eye shadow revelation at the moment!)

Peak - The versatility of the shadows - you can achieve so many different looks.
Pit - The fact that I bought very similar colours lol!

So basically, I've gone back to basics with my skin care regime and discovered new products that have become my make up bag staples. If you haven't tried them yourself I would definitely recommend doing so!


Thank you for reading guys see ya'll very soon! 

P.S  Before I go I thought I'd share a non beauty favourite ... The Halal Confectionery sweet shop In Birmingham (https://www.facebook.com/HalalConfectionery)! This is a Gem of a store not too far from Birmingham City Centre, it does all the British sweet shop classics from strawberry pips to cola bottles and even sells some American sweets for very reasonable prices. I love this store it really brings out the inner child in you, I've taken lots of my friends from out of town to visit and we've walked out with bags and bags of sweeties! If you live local I would highly recommend a visit .. Your welcome ;) xx

Make sure you go with a fair amount of time because you want to be able to take your time choosing the best ones!


No comments:

Post a Comment