Friday 13 September 2013

Estée Lauder Double Wear foundation - Review


So recently I decided I was officially bored of my staple YSL Touche eclat foundation, I can't say there was anything wrong with it and can't fault that it has served me well but I felt like I needed a change. So after a fair few trips wondering from counter to counter in Selfridges I stumbled across the  Estée Lauder Double wear range. Priced at £28.50 It is reasonable for a high end foundation and contains SPF 10 which for me is really important as I'm rubbish at applying a sun screen separately.


My first impression was one of pure joy, the coverage was amazing and best of all it didn't dry out my skin like most foundations. It had a more polished look then the YSL but this also meant I could feel it on my skin a lot more too.

I bought it in the colour 'Tawny' which is a good match (although I'm pretty tan at the moment so I don't know if it will bode well during the winter months) and so far I'm liking the coverage and the way it shows up in pictures however unlike the YSL it is a lot more cakey. I can really tell that I have make up on and it tends to crease around the area between my nose and lips which really isn't a pretty look.

I love the way it looks when I initially put it on but throughout the day it does become slightly crumbly which is annoying as it is called 'double wear'! Having said this however I have found a solution; mix it with my day moisturiser. This gives it a much more natural finish for more day to day wear and also feels a lot lighter on the skin but this means a lot less coverage :(

I do enjoy using this product, but I think its more for use on special occasions. So I may repurchase the YSL for the winter months and use double wear only when I'm going for the ultimate flawless look ... maybe even plastic - as I must admit I do like the plastic look on special occasions who doesn't though right ;)

Peak - The flawless finish as long as you prime skin properly (this helps avoid lines). :)

Pit - The heaviness on the skin and the cakey look it develops throughout the course of the day. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment